HIMSS15 has come and gone, and WOW — what a show! We were very proud that HIMSS took place in our hometown, and we hope attendees enjoyed their time in Chicago. We couldn’t be happier with this year’s conference and exhibition, and that’s because of you. No other event brings together this many attendees with such steeped healthcare (and technology) experience, knowledge and expertise.
As many of you might have seen or even participated in, this year the focus of our booth was all about the patient experience and how we power patient care through technology. How did we pull it off? By making sure our technology was approachable and engaging — including parking a bus in our booth! Beyond the fun health IT-inspired games we had going on in our different patient stations, we really enjoyed having meaningful conversations with attendees and exploring ways in which we could offer our expertise. Did you miss the Technoliner or the new updates to our Healthcare CommunIT? No problem, catch up with this quick recap on some of our favorite moments from HIMSS15!
- It isn’t a HIMSS without our #HIMSSanity infographic capturing some informative (and fun) stats. We’re pretty sure everyone deserved an extra slice of deep dish, given the square footage and amount of walking distance to get around McCormick Place. We can’t help but get excited when another HIMSS rolls around, and this is the perfect way to capture and share some fun HIMSS facts. Take a peek here to see what it’s all about.
- Did you get the chance to tour the CDW Technoliner, driven by its own data center? We parked this 48-foot ultimate technology vehicle inside our booth this year. We hope you enjoyed the real-time telepresence solution as well as seeing the different onboard technologies that power this one-of-a-kind bus.
- Notice anything different about CommunIT? That’s because our online community has a fresh new look and navigation. Count on it to serve as your one-stop resource for all things healthcare IT — housing all types of valuable content and connecting you with healthcare IT experts, peers and the latest technology. To stay up to date, you can subscribe to CommunIT to get our all-new weekly digests featuring healthcare IT news, trends and updates!
- Our Snap + Share activity area had folks saying “We Get IT”! Attendees who snapped their picture could take home a copy, or if they wished, share the image on social channels tagged with #CDWHIMSS and have it displayed on our booth’s Technoliner Jumbotron.
- Perennial CDW Healthcare HIMSS host Tom Clark was back this year to run our fabulous game bar. Attendees could play to win in any of several patient stations around the booth. Did you put your HIT IQ to the test? We hope some of you made it for our big game, “Is Your IT in Jeopardy?” It certainly was a lot of fun to watch everyone interacting and enjoying the health IT content served up through these fun booth games.
- Getting a special HIMSS15 shout-out (and gift) were our Top 50 Health IT Bloggers. We wanted to recognize these industry influencers and enjoyed meeting a number of you in person. Thank you for all that you do — and if you didn’t get the chance to come by, please let us know so we can mail you your gift!
- Did you find yourself wishing you had worn more comfortable shoes or excited about some HIMSS15 swag you might have snagged? We can totally identify. That’s why we created our first-ever CDW Sentiments. Have a laugh or two perusing these fun thoughts about the HIMSS experience we all can appreciate.
- There was a wealth of activities and sessions going on during the three-day HIMSS event and the Twittersphere was definitely abuzz. If you want to catch up on what people were talking about each day of the conference, check out our “best tweets of the day” recap posts:
- Day 1 of HIMSS
- Day 2 of HIMSS
- Day 3 of HIMSS
- Day 4 of HIMSS
A big thank you to everyone who came to the booth, interacted with us in person or online, and helped move the health IT conversation forward. We look forward to what the next year will bring. Onward to HIMSS16 in Vegas, Baby!
P.S. Be sure to follow us on Twitter (@CDW_Healthcare) so we can continue the conversation and you can keep up with all things health IT!