It was a fantastic NHIT Week 2016 celebration! Thanks to everyone who participated and for helping spur thoughtful conversations, share fascinating perspectives on industry challenges and opportunities and connect with others passionate about uncovering the true value of health IT.
We got active by participating in conversations supporting #NHITWeek on Twitter throughout the week as well as launching some informative (and fun!) health IT resources. One of our most favorite moments was unveiling our 2016 Top 50 Health IT Blog List. If you missed it—or any of our guest blog posts, Top NHIT Week Tweets of Day, HIT Memes, our [Em]Powered Patient Care infographic or webinar—have no fear! We’re recapping all our NHIT Week 2016 activities below.
- How do you see the value of health IT in action? This year’s NHIT Week infographic was all about how health IT empowers the care patients receive and providers deliver to help improve health outcomes and the patient experience. Technology is hard at work for both—see how here.
- Ermahgerd! We brought back our HIT memes especially for NHIT Week to help folks get into the spirit of this week-long event with fun ways to express their feelings about the value of health IT. “One does not simply…pass up looking at HIT memes,” so check ‘em out if you haven’t!
- Health IT encompasses many different topics, and it’s not easy to stay on top of everything happening across the country and spanning the industry. How do we keep up? By compiling a comprehensive list of the Top 50 health IT blogs we find. We appreciate the contributions these influencers are making to the HIT discussion on a daily basis. A big congrats to those who made the list this year. Click here for the 2016 Top 50 Health IT Blog List.
- We never pass up an opportunity to highlight impressive health IT impact in action, so our webinar during NHIT Week this year featured speakers from Lake Nona Medical Center. Their Medical City, which includes a “Living Lab,” is the intersection of medical care, research and education. Listen to the recording to learn more about this fascinating holistic approach to improving health.
- One of our favorite parts about getting in on all the NHIT Week action is having the opportunity to share our own experts’ unique perspectives on health IT topics near and dear to their hearts.
- This year, Sandra Yu, our resident Cloud Expert, shared her own reflections on how she’s seeing cloud change both the experience of patients and providers for the better.
- Ginna Baik, our Senior Care Exec, emphasized senior care’s role in making our overall healthcare system better and explored the major ways she sees it transforming through technology.
- Finally, Nancy Ragont, Senior Manager of Healthcare Customer Insights, gave the patient experience some love, discussing the biggest reveals from CDW Healthcare’s patient/provider research and the impact technology is having on how we all experience care.
- It wouldn’t be a major health IT event without us glued to the Twitter conversation looking for thoughtful gems! Revisit each day of the epic NHIT Week 2016 for the best that we saw:
Thank you again to everyone who participated in NHIT Week 2016 for your passion, enthusiasm and incredibly insightful contributions. We all benefit! Keep up on our latest health IT sharing on Twitter @CDW_Healthcare and check out our latest video to learn why health IT means so much to us.