We were betting HIMSS16 would be a lively event, and after last week’s annual conference, all we can say is — what a show! We had an awesome time at this year’s conference and exhibition, and that’s because of you. Every year we look forward to HIMSS with great anticipation because no other event brings together this many attendees who are so steeped in healthcare (and technology) experience, knowledge, expertise and personality!
Whether you stopped by or saw us from afar, this year the focus of our booth was all about the patient and how we transform patient care through technology. How did we incorporate that into our HIMSS experience? By making technology approachable and engaging, and highlighting the patient in everything we did!
From fun health IT-inspired games and our entertaining #HITmemes you could snap and share, to the meaningful conversations with attendees, we enjoyed exploring ways in which we could offer up our expertise. Did you miss the top tweets of the day or the chance to turn yourself into a meme? No problem. Catch up with our quick recap of some of our favorite moments from HIMSS16:
- HIMSS wouldn’t be complete without a #HIMSSanity infographic capturing a few informative and fun stats. We’re pretty sure everyone deserved an extra trip to the buffet given the amount of walking happening at the Sands and around the Strip. Take a peek here to see what it was all about.
- Our whole focus at HIMSS16 was on powering patient care through technology. Each of our patient stations focused on four big areas: The Empowered Patient, The Mobile Patient, The Secure Patient and The Connected Patient.
- Our partners got in on the HIMSS16 action and shared their own thoughts on HIMSS16 and their plans for the show. For Intel, HIMSS16 was all about Making It Personal. Cisco had its focus on Connected Health and the role of today’s highly informed and engaged patient. Lenovo’s HIMSS experience was all about using technology to bring Customized Care Anywhere to every patient. EMC focused on all the ways 2016 will be the Year of Health IT Transformation, and the underlying approach needed to fulfill this transformation.
- It also isn’t a HIMSS without some rousing controversy, and our new HIT memes stirred up some great discussion. We carried the memes into our booth experience, where you could “meme” yourself into a health IT statement. It definitely had folks saying “We Get IT”! Attendees who snapped their picture could take home a copy as well as share the image on social channels tagged with #HITmeme and #CDWHIMSS.
- Perennial CDW Healthcare HIMSS host Tom Clark was back this year to run our lineup of exciting health IT games. We hope you put your HIT IQ to the test and had fun playing while taking in some interesting health IT content. Congrats to those big winners who snagged a drone!
- Senior care was a big area of focus for us at this year’s HIMSS, and it’s becoming an even bigger part of the healthcare conversation as a whole. We did a rundown of the must-see sights and sessions as senior care hit HIMSS16 in a big way. We also hosted the first ever Senior Care Meetup in our booth, which resulted in some astute perspectives from the nation’s leading senior care providers and technology partners. Check out live tweets from the meetup via the hashtag #SeniorCareTech to revisit the discussion.
- Speaking of meetups, we hosted two other topic-specific gatherings this year to help facilitate deeper conversations with attendees. We hosted a Security Meetup as a complement to CDW Director of Security Solutions Sadik Al-Abdulla’s talk on “Limiting Impact in the Era of the Inevitable Data Breach,” where we further discussed proactive tips to get ahead of breach risk. Then we did a deep dive into our new research during our Patient Engagement Meetup, discussing the changing ways both patients and providers are connecting over care.
- We enjoyed recognizing our Top 50 health IT bloggers at HIMSS by hosting them in the booth for a special reception. We wanted to honor these industry influencers and enjoyed meeting a number of you in person. Thank you for all that you do to contribute to the rich health IT conversation! Did you get a chance to see what our Top 50 health IT bloggers were talking about pre-HIMSS? Dig in to the roundup here.
- Did you find yourself wishing you’d brought a Wi-Fi hotspot or excited you survived the coffee line? We can totally identify, and that’s why we brought back our CDW Sentiments. Enjoy perusing these fun thoughts about the HIMSS experience and share your fave.
- This year HIMSS16 was jam-packed full of activities and sessions, and things were no different on Twitter. Who could keep up with the 112,000+ tweets?! We weren’t able to read them all, but we pulled the best ones we did see. Check out what people were talking about each day of the conference in our “best tweets of the day” recap posts:
Finally, we send a big thank you to everyone who came to the booth, interacted with us in person or online, and helped move the health IT conversation forward. We look forward to what the next year will bring and hitting Orlando with you at HIMSS17!