When Sauk Prairie Healthcare decided to replace its aging hospital with a state-of-the-art building, the primary goal was to design an environment that promoted patient healing, safety and quality care. Given the growing role healthcare technology plays in improving the patient experience and outcomes, updating Sauk Prairie’s current systems and implementing a robust new data center that could support future growth ranked as top priorities.
- Sought to leverage technology to enhance the patient experience in new hospital building
- Inability to integrate the legacy nurse call system with the communication system created inefficiency and frustration
- Existing data center lacked adequate power, cooling and capacity to support desired infrastructure and applications
- Partnered with CDW Healthcare to design, configure and implement a new data center and core infrastructure, including unified communications with an integrated nurse call system
- Relied on CDW Healthcare to serve as project manager to coordinate technology implementation with multiple vendors
- Planned extensively and meticulously to keep project on track
- Completed implementation on time and on budget, despite building construction hurdles
- Unified communications technology with integrated nurse call system improved patient-clinician communication as well as clinician-clinician communication
- Substantially increased patient and clinician satisfaction, as well as clinician efficiency
Want to learn more about how CDW Healthcare partnered with Sauk Prairie Hospital to achieve an unprecedented IT rollout in less than 18 months?
Find out more about CDW Healthcare’s patient data management offerings.